Firefly - Linda Hilton I don't read a lot of straight up romance, it tends to be an element in the books I read, but not the main focus. However, I really wanted to check out one of Linda's books since I like her style here on GR and she recommended that I start with this one. I really enjoyed it. It's a fun read with strong characters and is set in a time period and setting (Arizona territory 188idontremember's) that I haven't read much about, so that was fun. There were several moments where I laughed out loud and certainly felt engaged with the characters. What I really appreciated was there wasn't too much of the "I love him! Does he love me? I can't tell him... blergh, that you get so much in the bad parts of this genre. There was some of that, of course, because we do need to keep the characters apart for a while, you need that conflict, but it wasn't beaten to death, which I appreciated. It felt like a romance novel that featured actual, adult characters, rather than simpering teenagers that always makes me want to hurl the book across the room. I'd certainly recommend this book, especially if you're a fan of the genre.