Darkhouse - Karina Halle This was a fun book. I wasn't sure what to expect from it, though I had seen some good reviews that emphasized its general creepiness. It was definitely creepy and atmospheric, so it felt like the perfect read given Halloween's fast approach. I really enjoyed the characters and how the author set up their relationship. Dex is a little broodypants for me, but he's intriguing and I'm definitely curious to find out more about his backstory. I enjoy Perry as well, though I really want her to show more self confidence, but that is clearly part of her overall character development, so I'm willing to keep going in the series to see how she develops. Her backstory also promises to be interesting, so I'm looking forward to finding out more. One thing that has struck me about her (and, full disclosure I'm reading book 2 now, so I'm a little farther down the character development path)is I wonder how reliable Perry is as a narrator. She describes herself and situations she's in, but she is so lacking in self confidence and awareness of how she is really seen by the other characters that I wonder how accurate her descriptions are. I think that's part of the nature of 1st person narration, we have to determine if we trust what the narrator is saying is true. I'm interested to see how this plays out in the later books. Definitely a fun, fast and creepy read.