30 Day Book Challenge: Day 3

30 Day Book Challenge

Day 3: Your favorite series

Well this one is easy, I've got number 1 with a bullet and then our runner up. Let's do this Miss America Style...

Our runner up, who will perform the duties of the series should it not be able to complete the task, is:

His Dark Materials

The Golden Compass, The Subtle Knife and The Amber Spyglass charmed me when I first read them. There is something about this series that is so, what's the word I want...delightful, enchanting, well, charming. The first time I read it, I felt like I'd been dropped into an alternate universe (which, of course, I had). Lyra's Oxford is so much like and so much not like our Oxford that it was nearly as much fun to pick out the similarities as it was to marvel at Pullman's creativity in conjuring the differences. That's the word! In reading this series it was as if Pullman did indeed conjure this alternate world, with all of it's incredible characters (Iorek Byrnison for the win!) for us to marvel at. I adore this series, with it's take on theology and religion, politics and rebellion, witches and panserbjørne, it's just wonderful.

But, it's not my favorite, that title belongs to...

Anne of Green Gables

My beloved Anne. I have no words to describe how much I love this series. It's amazing, wonderful, perfect, sigh...love. I just adore this series. I also adore the beyond awesome Megan Follows series. (As long as you completely disregard that last "non-canon" one, groan.) These stories are a part of my childhood, adolescence, and adulthood  So that's it, Anne of Green Gables, number 1 with a bullet.

Anne and Gilbert