30 Day Book Challenge: Day 11 (we're on a roll now...)

30 Day Book Challenge Header

Day 11: A book you hated

This one is actually kinda tough. There are a lot of books I didn't like. Books that make me angry (anything by Rush Limbaugh, Newt Gingrich, Bill O'Reilly, Ann "I'm not a racist, I just act like one" Coulter), books that make me exasperated, (all those P2P fanfic books or unedited, poorly written tripe, I'm looking at you Clare and James, but to think of a book I hated,well, that's a tough one.

I think I probably hated Twilight (The Twilight Saga, Book 1) - Stephenie Meyer. I mean, I know it was inane crap. I know it made me feel like I was losing IQ points and any credibility by reading it, but my nieces really loved them and wanted me to read them so I did. Choosing Twilight for this seems somehow not the right choice, however. I think I'm going to go with the book that was so bad, was so stupid, was soooo completely ridiculous that I couldn't even consider finishing it. In fact, it was so blindingly bad that I deleted it from my Kindle.

What is that book you ask?

This one. Ugh, what a horrible book.

I remember when I was 12 years old, I was really, really into Bugs Bunny and The Monkees (Clearly, I was super cool. I mean I was into a pre-fab band that was 20 years old at the time. I know, just take a second to catch your breath. My awesomeness can be overwhelming). I remember thinking about how wonderful things would be when I was older, imagining my future dorm room or apartment. In those fantasies, what do you think I imagined my decor looking like? Something like this, perhaps?

monkees  Bugs

Needless to say (well, I guess it's not needless to say, cause I could have done that...), I didn't decorate my world like that.

What am I getting at here? That's what Inhale is like to me. It's a 12 year old girl who's super into whales, dreamcatchers and Australia writing a book to share her super fun love of whales, dreamcatchers and Australia, 'cause whales, dreamcatchers and Australia are the most important thing evah!!1!11!!  Oh, and there's sex.

To paraphrase my review, this book was wish fulfillment at it's worst, painfully juvenile in its treatment of just about everything and fucking twee.

I HATE twee! Blergh.